Social media icons can be displayed on your site’s top bar area. These tiny social media buttons link to services like Twitter and Facebook, allowing visitors to access your social profiles quickly.
Adding social profiles to a menu
CONJ theme offers a special custom menu (labeled Social Menu) for adding your social media icons.
- Log into your WordPress website and navigate to Appearance » Menus.
- Define or create an empty menu.
- Select the Custom Links menu item type.
- Add the address for one of your social media profiles in the URL field.
- As an example, in case you would like to place an icon with a link to your Facebook profile page, you may copy the following into the URL field:
- Optionally, enter a name for the social media profile in the Link Text field.
- Optionally, enter extra information for this link to be displayed as a tooltip in the Title Attribute field.
- Repeat the above steps until all the social media profiles you wish to use have been added to the menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu editor window.
- In the section titled Display locations, click the check box for the Social Menu to assign your menu to this location.
- Click the Save Menu button to save your changes.
Which icons are supported?
Linking to any of the following sites in your social links menu will automatically display its icon in your menu:
- Google Maps
- E-Mail address
- Telephone number
Last updated: 3 months ago