CONJ has a built-in mega menu that allows you to transform any top-level Primary Menu item into a full-width drop-down sub-menu.
CONJ offers a familiar easy to use drag and drop interface that enables you to add any content you wish using core, built-in or third-party plugin widgets which can be rearranged and resized to display in your site navigation area.
What is a mega menu?
A mega menu is a kind of navigation that shows the drop-down menu more elaborately and visually with laying out everything horizontally.
Mega menus are usually huge with lots of links to a variety of sections and subsections of a site which are most popular in websites with large amounts of content, particularly retail shops.
When use mega menus?
Your site might be best served with a mega menu if:
- Your site manages a large number of products.
- You publish and manage a vast amount of content.
- You have sophisticated service offerings requiring a lot of supporting content.
Mega menus allow for the display of many SEO target pages and generally considered as a great way to introduce images in navigation, which can increase click-through rate and conversions.
Configuring a mega menu
- Log into your WordPress website and navigate to Appearance » Customize.
- Navigate to Menus section.
- Select the menu which is currently assigned to Primary Menu location.
- Click on the arrow icon in the top right-hand corner of the top-level menu item to expand it.
- Note that a Mega Menu can only be added to a top-level menu item.
- Click the Mega Menu button to open a new side panel where you can manage the selected sub-menu widgets.
- Click the Add a Widget button to search and select a new widget from the list to insert.
You can easily use the drag and drop interface to quickly rearrange widgets and move them to a different column or row.
Resizing a widget
You may resize each widget within the mega menu by hovering over the corners, then click and drag to resize the widget.
Deleting a widget
- Click on the arrow icon in the top right-hand corner of the widget to expand it.
- At the bottom select Delete to remove the widget from the view.
Last updated: 3 weeks ago