Bing Webmaster Tools is a free web service provided by Microsoft for webmasters, which allows them to check indexing status and optimize visibility of their websites in Bing search engine.
This web service allows you to gather insights on how your website is performing in Bing search engine. It works similarly to Google’s Search Console and Yandex’s Webmaster, and even though Google is the biggest search engine by far, it’s still well worth the effort to ensure that your site also performs well in both Bing and Yahoo.
How to verify your site?
For most sites, to verify your site for webmaster tools, you usually need to upload an HTML document to your webserver or alter a DNS entry on your domain registrar website. Since this isn’t always the easiest thing to do and in case you’re not technical, CONJ PowerPack’s site verification module is here to help.
Follow the steps below to verify your WordPress site with Bing Webmaster Tools:
- First, You’ll need to sign in with a Live! account if you’re not already logged in.
- Navigate to Bing Webmaster Center to get started.
- Click on Add a Site.
- You’ll then be prompted to add your site by entering its URL.
- Enter the Sitemap URL in the Add a sitemap input-field.
- Click the ADD button.
- You’ll see a line of HTML code like the following:
<meta name="msvalidate.01" content="12C1203B5086AECE94EB3A3D9830B2E" />
- Copy the entire meta tag shown in the screen/field.
- Leave the verification page open and go to your site dashboard (in a new tab/window).
- Log into your WordPress website and navigate to CONJ PowerPack.
- From the sidebar on the left, select the Site Verification tab.
- Locate the Bing Webmaster Center text-field and paste your meta-tag in.
- Click Save Changes.
- Go back to Bing’s verification page and click Verify.
- At this point, your site should be connected to Bing Webmaster Tools service and start sending data to your webmaster dashboard.
Last updated: 4 weeks ago